2004-02-21 00:35:20 ET
1. Your favorite song with the name of a city in the title or text.
The Future Sound Of London - Papua New Guinea
2. A song you've listened to repeatedly when you were depressed at some point in your life.
Dinosaur Jr. - Out There
3. Ever bought an entire album just for one song and wound up disliking everything but that song?
4. A song whose lyrics you thought you knew in the past, but about which you later learned you were incorrect.
Depeche Mode - Blasphemous Rumors, was absolutley certain that "God has got a SIXTH sense of humor"...
5. Your least favorite song on one of your favorite albums of all time.
"iiee" is quite a nag on Tori Amos' divine "From The Choirgirl Hotel".
6. A song you like by someone you find physically unattractive or otherwise repellent.
Divine - You Think You're A Man
7. Your favorite song that has expletives in it that's not by Liz Phair.
Blacksmoke - F.F.F. Fuck The Fuckin' Fuckers
8. A song that sounds as if it's by someone British but isn't.
The Flys - (That's Not) Carol
9. A song you like (possibly from your past) that took you forever to finally locate a copy of.
808 State - Cubik (8 years!!)
10. A song that reminds you of spring but doesn't mention spring at all.
Beth Orton - She Cries Your Name
11. A song that sounds to you like being happy feels.
Cast - Free Me
12. Your favorite song from a non-soundtrack compilation album.
Lamb - Trans Fatty Acid, out of Kruder & Dorfmeister's K&D Sessions.
13. A song from your past that would be considered politically incorrect now (and possibly was then).
2K - Fuck The Millennium
14. A song sung by an overweight person.
Frank Black - Headache
15. A song you actually like by an artist you otherwise hate.
Britney Spears - Toxic
16. A song by a band (whose members actually play instruments) that features three or more female members.
Chicks On Speed - Wordy Rappinghood
17. One of the earliest songs that you can remember listening to.
Philip Bailey and Phil Collins - Easy Lover or New Order - True Faith
18. A song you've been mocked by friends for liking.
Mock me all you want, I really like DJ Otzi's "Hey Baby" :)
19. A really good cover version you think no one else has heard.
Pat Boone's version of Metallica's "Enter Sandman".
20. A song that has helped cheer you up (or empowered you somehow) after a breakup or otherwise tough situation.
Kirsty Hawkshaw - Orange
21. A song you've listened to while having sex.
The Fireman - Fluid (yeah baby!!!), also Amorphous Androgynous - The Galaxial Pharmaceutical.
22. A song not in English, preferably a foreign-language version of an English-language hit.
Space Oddity by Los Hermanos Calatrava is an ultra-funny version of the David Bowie classic sung in Spanish ("Control de tierre dans Comandante Tom...")