2004-07-17 12:09:32 ET|
Well, I'm man enough to say when I didn't have a real good time at a concert, and this was one of those times.
Don't know what it was; could have been a lot of factors.
- could have been that the band didn't show up till 3 hours late
- possibly that I was robbed from the best-dressed competition, and they gave it to the guy in the wheel-chair. (again)
- might have been the fight I got into not 30sec after the start of the show, when some drunk guy was humping my ass
- maybe I missed my baby too much
- could have just been my lack of sleep
Whatever the reason, I didn't enjoy myself until at least halfway through the show. My mind was racing and my body wouldn't relax and have fun.
Eventually I decided just to take a step back, go to the rear of the crowd and take a breather. I started to feel a bit better, that's when I decided that, since I didn't have my girl with me, maybe I should just take other guys' girls away. I mean, not to brag, but I looked so good I could have had any girl in the crowd. That's when I started grabbing girl after girl, dancing with them, then leaving them behind for another. Definately picked me up some.
The band, though, were true professionals. they got off the bus and a half-hour later had the crowd jumping, jiving, and, um... wailing, I guess.
The blah blah blah yakkity schmakity, great musicians.
So, over all, a good show. Hopefully when I see them in August, I'll be in a better mind-set to have a good time.
Take care, all.