2005-03-01 19:16:47 ET|
YOU KNOW YOU GREW UP IN THE 80's IF..........
1. You've ever ended a sentence with the word "PSYCHE"
2. You watched the Pound Puppies.
3. You can sing the rap to the "Fresh Prince of Belair" ...and
can do the "Carlton".
4. Girls wore biker shorts under their skirts and felt stylishly sexy.
5. You yearned to be a member of the Baby-sitters club and tried to start a club of your own.
6. You owned those lil' Strawberry Shortcake pals scented dolls or all of the He-Man collection (including Castle Greyskull).
7. You know that "WOAH" comes from Joey on Blossom
8.Downtown Julie Brown means something to you!
9. If you ever watched "Fraggle Rock"
10. You had plastic streamers on your handle bars...and spokey-dokes" or playing cards on your spokes for that incredible sound effect.
11. You can sing the entire theme song to "DuckTales"(Woo ooh!)
12. It was actually worth getting up early on a Saturday to watch cartoons.
13. You wore a ponytail on the side of your head, or shaved things into the back of your head.
14. You saw the original "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" on the big screen...and still know the turtles' names.
15. You got super-excited when it was Oregon Trail day in computer class at school.
16. You made your mom buy one of those clips that would hold your shirt in a knot on the side.
17. You played the game "MASH" (Mansion, Apartment, Shelter, House)
18. You wore stonewashed Jordache jean jackets and were proud of it.
19. L.A. Gear....need I say more?
20. You wanted to change your name to "JEM" in Kindergarten. (She's truly outrageous.)
21. You remember reading "Tales of a fourth grade nothing" and all the Ramona books.
22. You know the profound meaning of "WAX ON, WAX OFF"
23. You wanted to be a Goonie.
24. You ever wore fluorescent clothing. (some of us...head-to-toe)
25. You can remember what Michael Jackson looked like before his nose fell off and his cheeks shifted.
26. You have ever pondered why Smurfette was the only female smurf.
27. You took lunch boxes to school... and traded Garbage Pail Kids in the schoolyard.
28. You remember the CRAZE, then the BANNING of slap bracelets.
29. You still get the urge to say "NOT" after every sentence.
30. You remember Hypercolor t-shirts.
31. Barbie and the Rockers was your favorite band.
32. You thought She-ra (Princess of Power!) and He-Man should hook up.
33. You thought your childhood friends would never leave because you exchanged handmade friendship bracelets.
34. You ever owned a pair of Jelly-Shoes. (and like #24, probably in neon colors, too)
35. After you saw Pee-Wee's Big Adventure you kept saying "I know you are, but what am I?"
36. You remember "I've fallen and I can't get up"
37. You remember going to the skating rink before there were inline skates.
38. You ever got seriously injured on a Slip and Slide.
39. You have ever played with a Skip-It.
40. You had or attended a birthday party at McDonalds.
41. You've gone through this nodding your head in agreement.
42. You remember Popples.
43. "Don't worry, be happy"
44. You wore like, EIGHT pairs of socks over tights with high top Reeboks.
45. You wore socks scrunched down (and sometimes still do... getting yelled at by "younger hip" members of the family)
46. You remember the Wuzzles on Disney.
47. You remember watching both "Gremlins" movies.
48. You know what it meant to say "Care Bear Stare!!"
49. You remember watching "Rainbow Bright" and "My Little Pony Tales"/"G.I. Joe" and "Transformers"
50. You thought Mike Seaver/Samantha Micelli was hot.
51. You remember Alf, the lil furry brown alien from Melmac, before he had a talk show.
52. You remember New Kids on the Block when they were cool... and don't even flinch when people refer to them as "NKOTB".
53. You knew all the characters names and their life stories on "Saved By The Bell," The ORIGINAL class.
54. You know all the words to Eurythmics-SWEET DREAMS (are made of this), and wanted to cry when Marilyn Manson ruined this song.
55. You just sang those words to yourself.
56. You remember watching Magic vs. Bird.
57. Homemade Jordache shorts.. (the shorter the better)
58. You remember when mullets were cool!
59. You had a mullet!
60. You still sing "We are the Champions" at random intervals during your life.
61. You tight rolled your jeans.
62. You owned a banana clip, and cried when it broke!
63. The phrase "Where's the Beef?" still cracks you up to this day.
64. You used to (and probably still do) say "What you talkin' about Willis?"
65. You had big hair and you knew how to use it.
66. You learned to swim about the same time Jaws came out and still carry the emotional scars to this day.
67. You remember when ATARI was the Ultimate in technology! (and still play PONG for ol' time's sake)
68. You ever swore that Billy Idol's WHITE WEDDING would be played at your own wedding.
69. You have ever complained about missing the 60's, whined about missing the 70's, did way too many stupid things in the 80's, and still haven't figured out the 90's!
70. You've recently horrified yourself by using any one of the following phrases:
- "When I was younger"
- "When I was your age"
- "You know, back when..."
- "Because I SAID so, that's why"
- "What the HELL is this noise on the radio?"
- "Just can't (fill in the blank) like I used to"
71. You knew all the words to Billy Joel's "We Didn't Start the Fire", but it really didn't hold any meaning for you until about the third verse.
72. You hear the words, "Bill, Law, or Congress" and immediately start singing Schoolhouse Rock songs.
73. You owned a crimping iron (and used it for your first date).
74. You ever wanted to be gagged with a spoon.
75. You're still singing "We didn't start the fire" in your head, aren't you?
For me I would have to say a yes to all of them...that's pretty darn bad...