|Geiger Counter Update:|
2005-01-17 19:41:28 ET
Great. Just great.
Characteristics of Alpha Radiation
1. Alpha radiation is not able to penetrate skin.
2. Alpha-emitting materials can be harmful to humans if the materials are inhaled, swallowed, or absorbed through open wounds.
3. A variety of instruments have been designed to measure alpha radiation. Special training in use of these instruments is essential for making accurate measurements.
4. A civil defense instrument (CD V-700) cannot detect the presence of radioactive materials that produce alpha radiation unless the radioactive materials also produce beta and/or gamma radiation.
5. Instruments cannot detect alpha radiation through even a thin layer of water, blood, dust, paper, or other material, because alpha radiation is not penetrating.
6. Alpha radiation travels a very short distance through air.
7. Alpha radiation is not able to penetrate turnout gear, clothing, or a cover on a probe. Turnout gear and dry clothing can keep alpha emitters off of the skin.
Oh well. I still have to do more research anyway.
|In the market for a Geiger Counter.|
2005-01-17 14:33:33 ET
Does anyone know where I can get a good Geiger counter (radiation detector)? I need one that's good at detecting alpha radiation. It has to be affordable and sensitive. I don't need it too sensitive since that probably costs more. Also, it would be preferable if it's been precalibrated. For that matter, does anyone know how to calibrate an old Civil Defense CDV-715 detector? I have Model 1a.
EDIT: Make that RADIATION DETECTER wether of the Geiger Counter or not I don't care as long as it detects what I need and as long as I can afford it.
2005-01-09 00:46:23 ET
Around two and a half years back I've got my hands on a freeware music making piece of software called Jeskola Buzz. Today, while browsing my hard drive I've come upon some song fragments that I haven't finished working on. Here's a quick mp3 I made from two such fragments stitched together:
2005-01-03 07:14:59 ET
I predict my primary master drive will fail in a few weeks. I hope it won't.
2004-12-25 18:41:18 ET
|I am in the need of some help.|
2004-12-21 11:36:03 ET
I've been searching all over for a color picture of a platypus (ornithorhynchus anatinus) heart with no luck. Can anyone help me? I think a black and white one may suffice.
2004-12-20 20:20:38 ET
|Jump to page: [Previous] 1 « 21 22 23 24 25 » 47 [Next]|
Back to Enamon's page
Everything on this page is copyrighted to the individual page owners and/or subkultures.net.