|My Newest Baby||2005-05-08 10:04:40 ET|
Nine week old Siberian Husky named Odin: the most adorable thing you'll ever see.
|Bitch and Moan||2005-04-20 11:36:59 ET|
I'm so fucking tired of hearing people bitch about having a new Pope, especially one from Germany. It's 2005. WWII is over. History is history. How can people claim that Pope Benedict XVI, who has only been in the public eye for roughly 24 hours now therefore knowing him inside and out, is a Nazi? It just irks me since the same people who are criticizing Pope-for-one-day are the same ones who claim to be nonjudgemental. Basically "you're" saying all Germans are Nazis. In addition, you might say all African-Americans are thugs. If you're so sensitive to culture and beliefs, why do you jump to conclusions and sterotypes? What did your grandfather do? Hell, what did your father do? Are you like them? Probably not. So get off your high horse; who the hell are you to judge?
|Top 20||2005-04-16 11:49:29 ET|
It's been around awhile, but I still get a chuckle.
KNOW YOU ARE A TRUE Pennsylvanian when:
1. "Vacation" means going up north past I-80 for the weekend.
2. You measure distance in hours.
3. You know several people who have hit a deer more than once.
4. You often switch from "heat" to "A/C" in the same day and back again.
5. You can drive 65 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard, without flinching.
6. You see people wearing camouflage at social events(including weddings).
7. You install security lights on your house and garage and leave all the doors unlocked.
8. You carry jumper cables in your car and your girlfriend knows how to use them.
9. You design your kid's Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit.
10.Driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with snow.
11.You know all 4 seasons: almost fall, winter, still winter and road construction.
12. You can identify a southern or eastern accent.
13. Your idea of creative landscaping is a concrete statue of a deer next to your blue spruce.
14. You were unaware that there is a legal drinking age.
15. Down South to you means MORGANTOWN W V.
16. You find 0 degrees "a little chilly."
17. Your neighbor throws a party to celebrate his NEW FORD F150.
18. You go out to fish fry every Friday and bingo every Wednesday.
19. Your 4TH of July picnic was moved indoors due to frost.
20. You have more miles on your snow blower than your car.
|Desperate Cookies||2005-03-21 06:45:59 ET|
So, I think the people who write the fortunes in fortune cookies are scraping the bottom of the barrel. The last time we went for Chinese my husband got this overwhelmingly positive message: "You barely make it." Nice. Last night I got this one: "You should never lose your face." I hope not. How would I lose my face anyway? It's not like I just put it down next to the lettuce in the produce aisle and walked away....
In other news, I'd be:
Officially beginning my tenure as a domestic goddess.