| 2005-02-20 18:27:37 ET
Ugh...so today was rather traumatizing...but it's important it happened...|
You all know I love my dog...but even then, I took her for granted. She's fine, thank god...but when your critters get sick, and you're afraid it might be something really serious, you start thinking about what life would be like without them. Life would be empty without Ashby. I realized today that my peace of mind relies on her well-being more than I ever thought. My sun rises and sets on her happiness.
A few weeks ago, I was having thoughts about giving her up. I felt that she deserved more than I could offer, as I work so damn much and have no energy. I wanted her to be with a family that had a yard...maybe another dog, too. With people who have more time...or at least more energy...for her than I do. I felt that my hesitance to do something about these feelings was selfishness. Then I thought about how she might feel about it. I didn't think she would be too happy about living somewhere else, either...even if it meant she might have another doggy friend.
Since then, things have changed a lot. But today, they took a complete 180. Today, I thought she might be seriously ill... Blood in your urine can mean a thousand different horrible things, but thankfully, it's usually a UTI....which from her point of view is horrible...and I completely understand...those things are fucking painful.
I want to give a shout out to my outstanding parents (even though they don't read this thing - it's just an excuse to brag about how lucky I am) who drove 45 minutes each way to spend 3 hours in a waiting room with me worrying, and then pay over $200 for her treatment, because I know *I* don't have the money...and then buy her a 40lb bag of dog food on top of all that. I don't deserve such great people in my life...but I have them, and I am so thankful I could...spit. Or something. Eloquent, I know.
| The Good, The Bad, and The Fugly 2005-02-20 09:49:17 ET
The Good: I finally freakin' got out of the house last night...it was great. I saw Starr and Mel and we sat on a couch all in a row...something we haven't done in a very long time. It was good. The Green Fairy was good...the party was good...I had such a fantastic time. It was SOOO great to see those two. (Esp Starr, since I haven't hung out with here one on one since, like...god, i don't know).|
The Bad: Woke up with the Green Fairy bashing me in the head. But, I was armed with twinkies, coffee, and water, and quickly fought her off. I took the dog out...and she peed fine once (lovely for you to know, I'm sure), then she made like she was going to go again (which is not uncommon...she's a compulsive water drinker), but all that came out this time was a few drops of blood. I'm telling myself it's just a bladder infection, and my mom is coming to take us to the emergency vet in berkeley, where we will obtain antibiotics for said dog, and everything will be fine. But, ofcourse, nuerotic doggy mommy that I am, I'm afraid she has some horrible uncurable disease, and I will have to helplessly watch her waste away. But that's not going to happen...right????
The Fugly: Well, there really isn't anything Fugly to report, i guess...but it sounds damn good in the title, no?
Ok...off to do things that take minds off of worrying :P
| 2005-02-19 18:07:28 ET
Does THIS look like the face of a vicious monster to you? People need to open their fucking eyes and realize that Pit Bulls aren't born mean, they're trained mean...If a dog is mean, regardless of breed, it's the fault of the leprous jar of camel snot that raised it. Next time I see someone mistreating their dog, pit bull or not, I will draw blood.|
This entry inspired by Loki.
| Jaime's Fault :P 2005-02-16 19:25:27 ET
1. What Time is it? 8:52p|
2. What is your full name? Shannon Horvath Burla
3. Single or taken? Taken
4. What does your name mean? Shannon was a warrior preistess...Also the lady the river Shannon in Ireland is named after.
5. Who picked out your name? My momma.
6. What's your nickname? Shan, Shanzer
7. what color is your hair? Orange, auburn, purple, black, chocolate brown, and blonde.
8. What colour are your eyes? greeny hazel-like
9. Do you have an innie or an outie? innie
10. What size are your shoes? 11W-12
11. How tall (or short) are you? 6'3"
12. Honestly what do you like about yourself?I think I'm a nice person...and loyal...and stubborn.
14. What do you always get complimented on? How tall I am and how every woman is jealous of my height :P
15. What is your worst quality? Procrastination and flightiness.
16. Phone Number? I have one.
18. Hair colour? Same as it was a minute ago when you asked...
19. Do you wear contacts? Nope...stigmatism...although I have a pair of rockin' cat eye contacts for halloween time.
20. Living Arrangements? Rent an apt. with a crazy filmmaker artist guy...a cat and a dog...who hate eachother. Well, I think it's the cat that hates the dog more than anything.
21. Favourite Drink? Orange Soda
22. Favourite alcholic Drink? Beer
23. Favourite month? April
24. Favourite Food? Indian or Thai...its a tie...oo! I pun!
26. favourite Web Site? Ebaumsworld.com, joecartoon.com
27. Favorite clothing Brand? What say you? what are these..."brands" you speak of?
28. Favourite day of the Year? Xmas
29. Favourite colour? Purple.
30. Favourite Animal? Dawgs
~*FAMILY AND FRIENDS*~
31. Do you have more girl or boy friends? Boys
32. Who's your best friend? I lost track...I keep calling everyone my best friend...But Nes is my oldest, closest friend...like my sister.
33. Are your parents together? Yep
34. How often do you get together with the family? Once a week or so...sometimes a little less...but that's just my parents...the rest of my family, I see 3 or 4 times a year.
35. Do you tell your parents or your friends more? friends
36. Anything special about your parents? Yeah...they have always been super supportive and wonderful...There have been bad times, yes, but they're awesome parents...and still admit that I'm their daughter in public, even with the tattoos and "weird" hair colorings, haha.
37. Siblings and their ages? only child...all the attention...wahoo!
~*YES OR NO*~
38. You're a flirt? sorta
39. You're slutty? only with my boyfriend
40. You shave? yup
41. You like someone? yep
42. Do you keep secrets? I get more secretive as I get older.
43. You dance in front of the mirror? No....nobody does thaaaat...
44. You've watched a porno? Yup
45. You sing in the shower? Not as much as I used to.
46. You liked Britney Spears? Can I have some no, and some no on the side?
47. You've liked a cousin? no.
48. You've been in the opposite sexes bathroom? Yup.
49. You've seriously hurt someone? Not seriously, i don't think.
50. You've been hurt seriously? Yes.
51. You swear? fuck no.
52. You get your way? I wish.
53. You're willing to try new things? Yup
54. You've cheated on a test? A couple of times in grammar and high school.
55. You've smoked? yes and still do.
56. Are you a virgin? nope.
57. What are you wearing? Black cotton drawstring pants splattered in paint, and a T-shirt that says "Peter Thomas - For Hair Since 1978"...Does that turn you on, baby?
58. What colour are your pants? Black...hey...how did you know I was wearing pants?
59. What are you listening to? Waylon and Tyler talking in the background.
60. how are you feeling? Tired. Hungry.
61. What are you doing? Talking to Tyler and, uhm...filling out a survey, funny enough.
62. What are you eating?Not eating, yet.
63. How many people are online? uhm...dude...
64. How's the weather? Wet, but not raining, atm.
65. What's on your mouse pad? Blue. And an annoying little hump to rest your wrist on that just ends up getting in the way.
67. What books are you reading? Two, atm....Lamb - Christopher Moore, Ham on Rye - Charles Bakowsky
67. How many lip glosses do you have? one
68. What perfume do you use? I don't...either Zyana Rose Spray or my special oil.
69. What's in your purse? I don't carry one.
71. Tall or short boys? Doesn't matter.
72. Blonde or brunette? Don't care.
73. Good or bad boy? Uhm...
74. Boxers showing: no.
75. Long hair or short hair on boys? Long hair
76. What do you find annoying in a guy? I think that's a case by case basis.
77.What's the first thing you notice about guys?Hair...but again...it's my job to notice hair.
88. What was the last movie you saw in theatres? The House of Flying Daggers.
89. What did you have for dinner? nuthin yet
90. What are you hoping for? To be able to make enough money so I'm not scrounging anymore.
91. Have you ever fallen asleep in school? haha...almost every class.
92. What movie do you really want to see? Sin City and Charley and the Chocolate Factory.
94. What is your locker combo? Dude!
95. Where is your favourite place to travel? London was fun...
96. What did you last dream about? I was a spy...kickin the shit out of secret service agents.
97. What was the last thing you ate? Beef Stew.
98. If you were a crayon what colour would you be? Purple.
99. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone? Tyler.
100. Do you like the person that sent this to you? I stole it! Muahaha!
101. Last movie you watched? All the way through was Super Size Me.
102. Ever had a crush on a teacher? OH, yes...Mr. Theal...my art teacher at Chabot....yummmm.
103. Are you too shy to ask someone out? I have been.
104. Scary movies or happy ending? Scary Movies with happy endings.
105. Summer or winter?Winter.
106. Relationships or one night stands? Depends on wether I'm single or not...when I'm single, I would say one night stands...but I'm in a relationship, so I'll say that :P
107. Chocolate or Vanilla? Chocolatey Vanilla is best :]
108. Do you want your friends to write back? I can't say, cuz I don't write them in the first place :P
109. Who is most likely to respond? Well, I'm not sending it to anyone...
110. Who is least likely to respond? Probably the people who don't read it.
111. What did you do last night? None of your bee's wax.
112. What is your biggest fantasy for life, that you think could actually happen? That I become a really super successful hairstylist.
113. Anything else you want to add? I think you've covered everything, thanks. Some things several times.
114. What time is it now? 9.24p
| Coffee, Cigarettes, and Hair 2005-02-11 09:12:36 ET
Ugh...ok...so I've got to do something...all i do is go to work...occasionally hang out with Dylan or Danielle, play the sims, and visit my parents. I need more social contact, dammit. Unfortunately, social contact usually involves some kind of money...be it in just transportation or in coffee, movie/club admission, etc....which is something I really don't have, atm. I just found out that I claimed the wrong thing on my taxes last year and I owe...for the first time ever, I owe both the state and the feds. Those bastards. I HAVE NO MORE MONEY TO GIVE YOU PEOPLE! I can barely pay my rent, damn you!
So I have given up hard liquer. Beer and wine are my friends now...Captain Morgan has forsaken me for the last time :P Jerk. I don't even miss it...course, it's only been two weeks since that horrible day when I spent 12 hours laying in bed moaning in pain in between trips to the shrine of the porcelain goddess.
In other news, I have a really cute girl in my lap. Throughout the week, she doesn't get to see me too much, so on my days off when I don't go anywhere, she spends her time lounging on me. It's very adorable.
Anyhow, I'm waiting for my tax man to call me back, so I can get this whole tax filing ordeal done with. Grossness, man...utter grossness.
ok...enough for now. :P